When you support a small business.. an actual person does a little happy dance!
& that happy person is me!
Hello all our new followers! January has been a lovely month of meeting with new friends on this platform 🥰 For those who are new... here’s some facts about me, the director and founder of Be Unique Drama School and how it all came to be!
* My name is Martina McAfee and I am 25 years young!
* I live in Ballymoney, Co. Antrim.
* I studied Drama at Queen’s University Belfast where my love for teaching drama and dance to the younger generation was born!
* When I submitted my final essay for university in 2017, I launched the Be Unique website & Facebook the NEXT day - I didn’t mess around!
* Be Unique provides weekly drama and dance classes for 3-12yr olds in 7 different towns in the Mid & East Antrim/ Causeway Coast and Glens area, classes for schools and nurseries, birthday party packages and as of recently... online classes too!
* Since 2015, I have worked with the very best drama facilitators NI has to offer and I never take for granted that I can now share the skills I have learnt onto my team and most importantly, the children of Be Unique.
* Currently, I have 7 members on the Be Unique team who INSPIRE me everyday! Including a facilitator from Belfast, my cousin and a brother and sister duo!
* Running Be Unique in a pandemic has been the most CHALLENGING but REWARDING journey... when we finally return to our classes in person, we will be more grateful than EVER before.
* I also co-direct Ever Unique Productions too! Check it out if you haven’t already! www.everuniqueproductions.com
* Fun fact: I also create social media visuals and content for two other small businesses and love being creative through this outlet.
* In my spare time (I must admit I am a workaholic but I’m getting better at it!), I love to go to the theatre and cinema, go on long walks with friends, & shopping! Living for the day we can do the stuff we love again with those who mean the most.
Like SO many other small businesses, the past year has been difficult but with my great team and the passion I have for inspiring young minds, I know we will come out stronger after all this madness is over... welcome aboard the journey of Be Unique! ❤️